June 16, 2009

New Outlook

And a new layout to match. Mom said I've had the other background for too long so... ta da! A new background for the blog. Enjoy!

What's new? The days are still running together a bit for me. Sunday Peter's parents visited on their way home from Baltimore. My mom came to spend a few days helping with Carina once Peter returned to work.

Yesterday Peter went back to work (very reluctantly). Carina and I really missed him. After Carina's morning feeding I went to the post office and Walmart while mom babysat. Carina slept the entire time I was gone. It was nice to get out of the house again and the weather was spectacular. I bought a darker/thicker curtain for the nursery so it's darker and more conducive to sleep in there. I couldn't resist buying little tights and a summer dress for Carina.

Last night Carina slept for 5 straight hours before I woke her up to feed her. Then she slept for another 3. It was a good night! She's been awake a little more than usual so far today so maybe she will sleep well again tonight.

After my shower and Carina's feeding this morning I ran to the grocery store and then to Cornerstone for a coffee. A great trip! Carina was pretty fussy while I was gone but mom did a good job hanging out with her. In non-baby related news, I'm wearing my skinny jeans today. It's nice to have clothing to wear other than maternity clothes.

That's the latest. We're all doing well and figuring things out. Tomorrow is my first day completely on my own with Carina so we'll see what happens!



0 comments: