June 19, 2009

Alone but Not Really

Today is my third day at home alone with the little munchkin. Things have gone mostly well. Yesterday was very stressful for reasons completely unrelated to Carina!

Our doorbell is broken and decided to randomly ring at 4 am during one of Carina's feedings Thursday morning. Peter hit the circuit breaker for the living room to turn off the doorbell but inadvertantly disconnected both the phone and the internet. He had the phone up and running before he left for work but not the internet. I stupidly tried to monkey around with the router and modem and ended up losing the phone connection too. I panicked and added minutes to my emergency cell phone that I was pretty sure wasn't even active anymore just so I would have some way to contact the outside world.

In the end I had the phone and internet working before Peter got home but it was a super stressful morning. Carina is still eating and sleeping like a champ. We got her newborn portrait session photos back and I ordered birth announcements. I'm so excited to send them out! Right now I've got the little monkey in a carrier tied to me so I have both hands free to type. She's a little restless but generally happy at the moment. Such a sweetie.

I can't wait for Peter to be home with us for 3 whole days!


0 comments: