March 29, 2009

Saying Goodbye

One more week down... one more week closer to meeting our little girl! It really hit me that I'm now less than 8 weeks from full term (37 weeks). Even though most babies are born closer to 40 weeks, it's still exciting to know I'm only 8 weeks from a safe delivery time frame. Hang in there, Pumpkin! We'll make it.

As I sit here typing, Pumpkin (or Baby Dumplin' as she was called this weekend) has the hiccups. Too cute.


This week didn't get too busy till the weekend. Tuesday we had our Sunday school administrators over to discuss our plans for next year. They're checking in with all the current teachers but of course they had some special concerns about what our plans might be surrounding the baby. We're going to keep teaching right up until the baby is born. After that we've asked for 2 weeks off and then if I'm not up to teaching quite yet (and that may be a little early to take the baby to church anyway) Peter can teach alone for a couple weeks. After I feel up to helping again I'll just bring the baby along. It is a girl's Sunday school class after all so she'll fit right in! I heard today that Baby Jones is already on the roster for the nursery as they plan for helpers and such for the future. That was really nice to hear.


Wednesday I had a hair cut and we attended our third childbirth class. We talked a lot about pain med options and saw 3 birth videos. I stand by my initial feeling that I don't want to see what's going on down there when it's me... let alone someone else! Still, the videos were very insightful and not nearly as gross as they could have been. We're still really enjoying and appreciating these classes very much.


Friday I made Rocky Road Squares (rice crispy treats covered in marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts) and we had pizza over at our neighbor's. The boys played Guitar Hero while the ladies socialized. We always have a lot of fun with our neighbors. It's great to have someone our age right next door. Very convenient for cat-sitting too!


Saturday we drove 3 hours toward Pittsburgh for Peter's Grandmother's memorial service. It was very nice and very simple, just like Grandma would have wanted. Peter did a brief reading during the service. Afterward there was a catered lunch. It was very nice to see family - some we hadn't seen since the wedding and some Peter hadn't seen since childhood. Overall, a very sweet and beautiful service. Once we made it home we crashed and ordered in Chinese for dinner.


Today we taught Sunday school. We had 5 very energetic girls (1 who would not participate at all). It is very frustrating and tiring but incredibly rewarding too. Peter is such a great teacher. I tend to take on the role of disciplinarian. It's encouraging to see how much they've already learned in the 2 years we've taught them and to think how much they will grow in the years to come. I have to say though that after witnessing two separate "nose-picking-and-eating" incidents today, I was thoroughly grossed out. What makes children do that?!


Below: my 29 week belly picture. I must have popped overnight because just today I was asked twice when I am due (and I've never been asked before). I know it's quite obvious that I'm pregnant but I still think that's a dangerous question to ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi toots,
i enjoy reading about your week. what about the name "peanut" which i like to call her? the service sounded very nice, i didn't know Pete did a reading. we're planning on visiting uncle jeff tomorrow night. Love ya:)

Missy said...

so sorry about Pete's g-ma. I hope he is doing okay. I didn't want to see anything down there with Jonah either. With Maeryn I wanted to see everything!