March 14, 2009

The Latest

Happy Saturday! Here is just a brief update of our week.

Wednesday I went with a co-worker to my favorite consignment shop "Tomorrow's Child" because all of their maternity clothes were 20% off. I ended up buying a pair of capris, a jean skirt (both with extremely stretchy waists), 3 tops, and a little summer outfit plus a pink sun hat for Pumpkin - all for just $30. Score!

Wednesday night Peter and I had our first childbirth class. We both really enjoyed it. We met a couple who shares our same OB and due date! They are having a boy though. Most of the people in our class of 8 couples are having boys actually. It seems most of our pregnant friends are also having girls so it's nice to see there's some balance, haha. I could tell when we spent some time on breathing and relaxation exercises just how helpful and calming Peter is going to be in the hospital. What a lucky girl I am.

We had a fairly quiet week, which is always appreciated. Today I had to help out with a conference for work but Peter came with me. He even played drums for our time of worship so that was neat. We actually finally sold his old drums to a co-worker of mine and as it turned out Peter played his old set at the conference today! I'm super excited to have some extra closet space in our guest room now that those drums are gone.

After the conference Peter went to dinner and a Hershey Bears hockey game with our small group guys. He's not much for hockey but he'll have fun hanging out with the boys. I did a little cleaning, ate dinner and now I'm just relaxing with the cats.

Below you'll find my 27 week belly pic, wearing one of my new tops (Peter says it makes me look like a strawberry but assures me that's a good thing). Also, because I can't resist, does Pumpkin look maybe just a little like her Mom? I'll let you be the judge.



1 comments:

The van Brackel Family said...

Oh wow! She definitely looks like your baby picture. Maybe it's the position, I don't know. But, the two pics look really similar. Adorable!!! You're belly pics are so cute too.