March 23, 2009

A Longwood Weekend

Another fantastic weekend! We've had a lot of those lately. Lucky us.

Friday we spent the night at my parents'. I hung out with mom in bed and she even let me have the TV remote. Now that's real love.

Saturday mom and I went for pedicures. Heavenly. My toes are now "Senorita Rosa-lita". We returned home to the boys and headed to the Verizon store. We cancelled our current cell phone plan since we now have a home phone. After that we went to Perkin's for lunch. I don't know that I've ever been to a Perkin's but it was really, really good (especially the huge chocolate chip cookie!)

Then we finally headed to Longwood Gardens. It was a little chilly and not a whole lot was blooming outside but it was a really nice visit and there was so much to see inside. They have an orchid extravaganza going on right now. So pretty. I still wish we could have seen the Easter flowers too but that's not till April 1st.

On our way home we stopped at Walmart and Peter and I bought GoPhones to use for emergencies. So now I think as far as phones go we're all set! Saving money = awesome.

We didn't do much yesterday. Taught Sunday school, went to church, got groceries. I took a nap to recover from Longwood, haha. Michelle delivered our homemade peanut butter eggs we bought from Alex's day care and they are fantastic. If we hadn't put them in the freezer I'm not sure any would have made it till Easter. We'll see!

Peter just got home from the cat shelter. I'm trying out a new recipe (cheesy chicken & broccoli bake) so I'd better go rescue it and eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little baby belly you have!!!

See you later this week for Pete's grandmother's memorial service.

patti merrill said...

Hi pumpkin, I love looking at your blogs and all the pics. It's neat to see the little peanut growing:)