March 1, 2009

Welcome to March

We woke up to snow today! Fortunately it's only sticking to the cars and the grass but it was still quite the surprise. Ok Spring... anytime now.

We had quite the productive day yesterday. We slept in a bit and then I made a blueberry coffee cake. It turned out pretty nice! The recipe has yogurt and orange juice and (obviously) blueberries in it so it feels sort of healthy too. After breakfast I caught up on some bill paying. We received our federal tax refund Friday so we paid our state and local taxes out of that. Add to that the mortgage and the credit card balance and our tax return dwindled significantly. It still felt terrific to take care of all that in one day, whew. We really are responsible adults, haha.

We threw in a load of laundry and Peter did some dishes. We decided to get Vonage for the house and then in the near future exchange our cell phone plan for emergency only cells. We'll fill you in on number changes when all that happens. We ran to Walmart for a phone because this will be our first landline phone we've had... ever. In the end we should save a good chunk of change every month and that's the point of this switch.

While we were out we grabbed lunch and then watched some Gilmore Girls once we got home. I updated my pregnancy journal a bit. I think I felt hiccups for the first time on Friday! Peter and I read through chapter 1 of a book we're discussing in our small group and we worked through the daily devotion from our church. They put together a Lent devotional book and it's pretty interesting. I can't believe how early Daylight Savings and Easter are this year!

We wrote a letter to our Compassion girl, Unchittha "Plai" in Thailand. She's our new girl that we started sponsoring after the girl I had been sponsoring since something like 1998, Mueyfha, went to college and was no longer part of the Compassion project. Peter and I have also sponsored a little boy in El Salvador, Jose Alexander, since 2004 I think.

We had dinner, I did some reading, we watched some TV (or Peter watched TV while I fell asleep). A very busy, very good, very productive Saturday.

And while we did all this the cats slept in the sun.

0 comments: