March 9, 2009

Stupid Cold

Last Monday we had an excellent Dr. appointment. We found out our follow-up u/s looked perfect so that was great to hear. Pumpkin is still growing like a champ, as am I. No woman likes to gain weight but the Dr. is happy so I'm happy. Our girl is quite the active little one so Peter and I can often feel a foot, elbow or butt sticking out my side. It is so cool.

I had some girlfriends over last Wednesday while Peter hung out with the boys. It was nice to munch some pizza and talk about everything from getting a promotion or a new office to hot celebrity gossip. We never claimed to be an intellectual group. And the boys watched "Death Race" so there you go.

Peter played his drums for Ignite on Friday but I stayed home with a cold. Saturday we spent the day at my parents' house. My mom hemmed some pants for me (without her all my pants would be 6 plus inches too long). We went out to dinner - and that's a story in itself. Let's just say a waitress who argues with you over what you ordered is now on my list of top pet peeves.

Sunday Peter taught Sunday school by himself while I stayed home in bed with the sniffles. I managed to drag myself to the grocery store and we brought Thai home for lunch. Aside from orange juice and rest, there's not much else I can do for my congestion. I wonder if I'm going to shake this baby loose with all this coughing and sneezing. It's miserable being sick.

So today I took a half day. I'm still feeling pretty gross and I'm putting in hours at a conference on Saturday so I had some extra time to use. Convenient time to be sick anyway. I've been on the couch since lunch time watching Gilmore Girls and Rachel Ray. Hopefully I'll finally be able to breathe through my nose again tomorrow.

0 comments: