July 23, 2009

Weekend: Part II

Sunday wasn't quite as fantastic as Saturday, haha. Carina was fussy as soon as we got to church so I spent much of Sunday school alone in the parenting room with a screaming little girl. Needless to say, we didn't stay for church. We had a nice lazy afternoon at home. My parents came to visit and we ate pizza and passed Carina around. We had a small group meeting in the evening and Carina slept through most of it but woke up cranky again so we left a few minutes early. We've come to expect this now that we have a newborn feeding schedule to contend with, haha.

Still, as our evenings continue to be consistently fussy, our nights tend to be amazingly quiet. Last night Carina ate at 10, was in bed by 10:15 and was just barely starting to wake up at 7 this morning. This kid is seriously amazing. I don't know how we got so lucky.

I had my 6 week post-partum check up on Monday. Peter and Carina tagged along but again - little miss decided to be fussy so they hung out in the car a bit. Everything looks good! I'm back to what I weighed at my very first pregnancy appt at 8 weeks along. I would like to shape and tone it up a bit but I'm very happy in my own skin. Sadly I didn't get to see the midwife who delivered Carina but I did leave her a birth announcement and we did swing by the hospital to drop one off for my main nurse too. She was pleased to see me and Carina. Who doesn't love to see a baby?!

Not much else going on this week. Tuesday we went to Coldstone for my free birthday icecream (sign up for your free birthday icecream on their website!). I couldn't resist buying a 6 pack of chocolate icecream cupcakes as well. I've been craving them since Valentine's Day and never got any! They were more than worth the wait.

Carina and I ventured to Target yesterday. Couldn't resist buying her a onesie "Sweet as Can Be" that was on clearance. We plan to put her in it for my Dad's family reunion this Sunday. She has outgrown the Gerber brand newborn onesies but this onesie I bought from Target yesterday is newborn size and huge. It's funny how every brand is so different. I have her in a Carter's size small (whatever that means) right now just to see if it fits and it's really big on her. We started using size 1 diapers this week too. They look huge on her but the newborn diapers just weren't cutting it anymore - especially for 9 hours overnight, haha.

I've been reading "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" to Carina for the past few days. I want to re-read the entire book before seeing the movie. My mom is spending the night Saturday so we're hoping to get out and see it while we have built-in babysitting. Can't wait! It'll be our first date post-Carina.


0 comments: