July 19, 2009

Grillin'!

What a great weekend and it's not even over yet! Yesterday we started the day by going grocery shopping. Carina slept, we shopped. After we got home I made a chocolate cheesecake. I've always wanted to make one but don't own a springform pan. Luckily it came up in conversation with my neighbor and she said I was welcome to borrow her pan anytime. So - yay for chocolate cheesecake! Now I just need to pack some up to share with our neighbors as a thank you.

Yesterday afternoon we babysat our friends' 7 month old daughter. What an experience! Gave us an idea of what we have to look forward to. After both girls fell asleep - Peter and I did too for a few minutes. Kids are hard work!

Once we were back down to only one baby in the house, Peter fired up the grill and I prepped some kabobs. Steak, potato and tomato ranch kabobs - yum! Throw in some corn on the cob and we had ourselves a very nice summer meal. Peter did great on the grill too! We took turns carrying Carina in my baby wearer. A little girly but it looks good on Peter :)

Carina has been up once overnight for the past 2 nights so we haven't exactly had the full night's sleep we were getting those few days last week but we're still getting plenty of rest. Everybody keeps telling us that we are VERY lucky to have a breastfed baby sleeping as well as she does. What can we say - she's perfect!

1 comments:

mom said...

We enjoy your blogs and the chocolate cheese cake was delicious:) Can't wait to see you this weekend....Love ya lots