April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Sadly our weekend began with a sad, sniffly little girl. She had a little trouble breathing through her congestion so she slept with us Friday night. As much as I love cuddling her tiny little body, it does make sleeping practically impossible. We skipped out on the cookout we were invited to so we wouldn't spread our germs around. My parents arrived in the afternoon and we ordered pizza. Carina was a bit cranky but we had a generally good time. Peter and I went to bed around 8:30, haha.

Sunday was much better. Carina slept pretty well and seemed more herself. Was hardly even stuffy! Peter and my Dad grilled turkey burgers and Mom and I made mac-n-cheese, green beans, deviled eggs and chocolate raspberry cookies. It was amazingly good. After lunch we packed up and headed to my Aunt and Uncle's church about 90 minutes away for an Easter/birthday celebration for my cousin Hunter's 16th birthday.

Carina slept most of the way there and then was such a good sport - smiling and waving and letting everybody snuggle her. We watched an egg hunt, visited with my cousins from Atlanta (Jen, John, Hunter, Kaylie and Jordan) who we hadn't seen in ages, ate some yummy cake and came home. All in all - a terrific Easter.

Carina had a hard time going to sleep Sunday night and last night but that's a story for another time.

0 comments: