April 1, 2010

A Day in the Life

I know I've done this before on days that I stay home but I thought I'd detail a typical work day for the Jones house.

6 am - The alarm goes off. Peter: "You should get in the shower." Me: "Do you mind if I get in first?" Peter: "That's what I just said." It was a groggy morning, haha. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays start at 5:30 am with a workout DVD in the living room but today I got to "sleep in". After a shower I head downstairs and get my breakfast together and pack Carina's diaper bag. 6:45 am - Carina lets me know she is awake and ready to start her day!
I bring her downstairs and change her diaper, dress her and she takes her vitamins.
7 am - Peter feeds the cats. I feed the baby.
7:15 am - Peter leaves for work. Carina, although backwards and upside down because she's still eating, manages to wave goodbye. When she's done we pack up the car and head to Rebecca's (or to Cheryl's if it's Friday). 7:45 am - I get to work. Do my work thing. Can you tell I like that kid of mine?
11 am - Time to pump.
1 pm - Time to lunch! Today it's leftover cheesy chicken and broccoli pasta, ranch chips and cookies. 3 pm - Time to pump again. Then it's just about time to leave! Go pick up my girl - who has had oodles of fun with Rebecca and her buddy AJ all day.
4 pm - Get home within minutes of Peter. Put pumped milk in the fridge, ice packs in the freezer, dishes in the sink and dishwasher. Take a walk! 5 pm - Dinner time. Tuna melts and applesauce for us and peas and carrots for the little lady.
5:30 pm - A few minutes of play time on the new activity table I bought yesterday for a cool $1.89!!! And she loves it.
5:45 pm - Head to Rhyme Time at the library. Sing songs, read a book, play with egg shakers and balls... a good time is had by all.
6:30 pm - Get home with a very sleepy girl and it's bath time.7 pm - Snuggle time with Daddy (and he's shirtless because our little fishy likes to splash). Snuggle time with Mommy and a bed time snack. Then out like a light! 7:30 pm - Make the grocery list, watch Office reruns and blog. Run dishwasher, do some laundry.
9 pm - And now it's time to snuggle my hubby, watch Grey's Anatomy and eat some brownie trifle! Feed Carina again at 10 and it's lights out for Mommy and Daddy too.

0 comments: