January 27, 2010

Home Again

Not that I went anywhere (other than work) but it's Wednesday and here I am. To be honest, Wednesdays make me a bit nervous. I love being home with Carina but it's being home ALONE with her that makes me antsy. In the evenings and over the weekend when Peter is here too we tag team it beautifully. Laundry needs doing? I take the baby and Peter takes on the piles of dirty. Dishes need doing? Peter plays with the Bean and I get to scrubbing. We're both eating dinner? Well hopefully Carina will occupy herself with her toys but if not, one of us can entertain her. But when I'm here alone there is no guarantee I can get anything done (and as if on cue... Carina just called me away for a few minutes for some cuddles and a clean diaper. She's happy in the exersaucer next to me again).

Recently I realized this blog can get a little sugary sweet. Really, our life is great and we've been blessed far beyond what we could ever deserve with this wonderfully happy baby. But of course life is not always rosey pink. Take for example Sunday morning. Started out great - Carina slept all night, Peter and I were both showered, clothed and fed. Carina nursed at 7, right on schedule. Then we had to factor Sunday school into the new schedule. What to do? Carina isn't supposed to eat fruits till 9 but we'll be at church. Feed her at 8 before we leave? Ok. Fail. Carina wasn't hungry yet and just got upset. She's not usually a neat eater so I didn't want to feed her at church. We'd be busy teaching Sunday school anyway. So instead of saying "Ok, we'll go with the flow on this one and see what happens" I got really mad that we didn't stick to the new schedule and totally took it out on Peter. Imagine a screaming match in the car that abruptly turns into icy glares once we step foot into church.

Looking back it was hilarious. I actually told Peter I just couldn't deal with Carina or our Sunday school girls at that moment so he took Carina and left the room. I was fuming but what else was he supposed to do? I wanted space, haha. Anyway of course we got over it but I'm just saying... our life isn't perfect. My boss keeps me posted on the adventures of her son, daughter-in-law and their very newborn son. They haven't had it easy so far and my boss tries to be helpful by giving advice she's picked up from my sharings. Unfortunately I wonder if they just get angy that this "perfect Amy" must just have it all together and wonder what they're doing wrong. I sure hope not.

Anyway, all that to say I'm hoping to be a bit more honest in these posts instead of just focusing on the "rosey pink" stuff. Overall life is really great right now and I just like appreciating it! Carina's new schedule is working out really well. She's eating better for me and her sitters. She has graduated from her 5 ounce bottles to 10 ounce bottles although she just takes 6 ounces at a time. Still she feels like such a big girl. She tried mango for the first time this morning. She reacted like she had when she first tried peaches - funny faces and "shivers". Must be tart! But she likes peaches now so I know she'll warm up to mango too. She ate some pears and raspberries this morning too so she got a full breakfast.

Sounds like someone needs some cuddles (who am I kidding? She and I both do!). Here are a few pictures from Peter's Dad's visit on Sunday.


0 comments: