January 20, 2010

Fashionista in the Making

We had a decent weekend. Friday we made our weekly grocery shopping trip. Carina usually stays in her car seat but for some reason I just really wanted to carry her around this week so I strapped her in my baby wrap. She was so mellow the entire time - just looking around at everything and snuggling against me every now and then. Love.


Saturday we met up with Ken, Rebecca and AJ at BJ's. We were hoping to find a 2nd car seat just like the other convertible car seat we bought but they didn't carry the one I was looking for. Still we came home with 32 toilet wand refills and 54 jars of baby food. Later in the day we went to the Carter's store at the Hershey Outlets and spent WAY too much money. Why do they make baby clothes so darn cute?! We bought all 9 months sized clothes - some winter and some spring. Hopefully those will last till closer to summer. Our little peanut isn't so little anymore. Oh - and on a personal victory note (because you know how much I love to save money) - I used a $2 coupon at BJ's and a $10 coupon at Carter's so in addition to saving by buying in bulk and buying clothes from the sale rack I saved $12. Yay me!

Sunday I taught Sunday school. Peter has done it for years while I act the part of disciplinarian/Carina wrangler. But now that the girls are in 2nd and 3rd grade and only getting older and (hopefully) more mature I feel like I should take over some of the teaching and really start making solid connections with these girls. It went well! And Peter even convinced Carina to take a little nap. As for the rest of the day - we ate leftover penne and meatballs, did laundry, had pancakes for dinner and watched the Golden Globes (till our 10 o'clock bedtime anyway).

Monday Peter didn't have to work but I did. I took a half day to spend the afternoon at home with my 2 favorite people. Carina was a little booger and wouldn't take a bottle from Peter. She had an "off" day and we just figured she's still getting over this cold and back to feeling normal. Last week (I can't even remember what day it was) we put her in her crib at 10 like normal and she just would not go to sleep. For all the other parents out there - I'm sorry for complaining - but this is the first time she has ever refused to go to sleep at bedtime. It was a good 7 month run, haha. So we all laid in bed in the guest room and watched Conan till Carina felt it really was time to go to bed. In the end it was a fun little late night TV party.

Anyway - back to this week. Last night we drove to Lancaster to surprise my Mom for her birthday (today). She and Dad were meeting up with my Aunt Vicki, Uncle Steve, my cousin Steven, and Pop-pop at Olive Garden so I told Dad we'd try to be there but wanted it to be a surprise. We had a really fun evening. Carina sat in a big girl high chair and was so well-behaved. She did give us a major freak out when Mom and I changed her diaper in the ladies room. Still don't know what that was about but that girl has a set of lungs on her. Speaking of - she's screeching pretty good right now so I better go give her some lovin.

0 comments: