October 25, 2009

The Sunday Paper

Because I'm sitting at the computer desk looking at the window at just that. Our Sunday paper. You can bet that once I'm done here I will be coupon clipping! It's the planner in me - the control freak - that just LOVES a good deal. And saving lots and lots of money. Exibit A: our trip to Babies R Us last weekend. I believe I used 6 coupons and saved nearly $20. Sweet deal indeed.

Not much going on here at the moment. Peter and Carina are having a little conversation on the couch - she just woke up from her nap. Kenny is watching out the window, Nutmeg is asleep on our bed. We never cease to resent her for waking us up at 6:30 only to take over our bed for the rest of the day once she has had her breakfast. Not fair at all.

Last weekend we met up with a variety of friends who were in town for homecoming. We had lunch with some of my roommates and friends from my semester in Athens, Greece. It's hard to believe that we are all married or engaged now and starting to procreate. It was even crazier meeting up with Peter's friends for icecream in the evening and watching as our 3 children sized each other up. What?! All 3 of us couples are parents now? Wicked.

Unbelievable but so much fun! I've told Peter at every big milestone that I have yet to feel like an adult. Graduating college didn't do it for me. Neither did getting married. First real job? Nope. Buying a house? Not exactly. I was absolutely positive that once I became a mother, I couldn't deny it anymore. I must feel like an adult now. But... not really. I don't know if it's that I've always been the youngest in any group I'm in (starting in elementary school because I have a late summer birthday). Youngest of my college roommates, youngest in any job I've ever had, youngest in our small group... but that's a great thing! I'm realizing now that there is nothing wrong with feeling young (especially since I still am). I'll be the cool, fun mom. Or at least young because I've never been able to claim coolness.

I've come to the conclusion that if paying the car insurance bill, clipping coupons, and scheduling vaccinations for the entire family doesn't make me feel like an adult, I'm destined to be young at heart forever.


0 comments: