October 14, 2009

Solid Foods... Here We Come!

The past week is yet another blur in a series of blurs. After writing in the last blog about how great Carina did and bragging that she may not even need Tylenol... she had a mini meltdown. Nothing too dramatic but we could tell she was not her normal smiley self and she didn't even want to eat at her normal time. So Tylenol, a nap and a delayed feeding made everything better again.

Thursday I went for coffee with the neighbor while Peter babysat. Our neighbors are our age and just an all around wonderful couple. They are in the process of selling their house and moving and we could not be more sad to see them go. We petsit for each other, we exchange baked goods, they play with Carina and we play their Wii. It has been a real match made in heaven. Sigh... we are going to miss them so much! We're just hoping our next neighbors aren't jerks.

Over the weekend Carina tried her first taste of cereal! She didn't know quite what to make of it but she didn't seem to mind much. Still working on the "what do I do with this now that it's in my mouth?" and most of it ended up on the bib. Overall it was fun but I don't think it'll become a regular thing quite yet.

Monday Peter and I stayed home and it was so nice to have a long weekend together as a family. Tuesday I had to go back to work but Peter had another day off. His first full day at home with Carina! They both had a great day - not surprisingly. I missed them both like crazy but I knew Carina would love having Daddy to herself for a whole day.

Well, I'd better sneak in a quick lunch while the munchkin is still asleep.


0 comments: