August 19, 2009

Tricky Baby

We woke up this morning to find Carina had scooched herself 90 degrees in her crib last night. She's on the move! She tried really hard to roll over this past weekend too. Now if only she could hold her head up. She's actually getting really, really good at it and fights us to let her hold her own head up when we're walking her around on our shoulder. A stubborn/independent streak already!

We started her on baby vitamins this morning. I had read in one of my parenting magazines that breastfed babies should take a vitamin D supplement so I asked our pedi. He said go ahead and start her on a daily vitamin containing A, C and D. It's fruit flavored! Carina didn't seem to mind at all. She just looked a little perplexed as she smacked her lips.

I've made new decorations for our Sunday school room next year. We'll move with our same girls to a different room starting in September. I took pictures of them all individually and then put each picture on a piece of scrapbooking paper surrounded by squares for each month so they can put a sticker up for each week they are there. It's a scaled down version of the monster wall covering we currently have in our Sunday school room. I really enjoy doing stuff like that for the girls. Peter is the teacher and I'm the craft/discipline person, haha.

Not much else going on. One week till I return to work. I'm stocking supplies like Pop-Tarts for those days when I miss breakfast, candy (just to make me feel better) and a framed picture of my darling girl. I get my hair cut tonight and it'll be nice to get out on my own for a few minutes. Peter will enjoy the daddy-daughter time too.


0 comments: