August 16, 2009

Party, Party, Party

We've come to the end of yet another weekend but Peter is off tomorrow so it feels as though we can enjoy the weekend for one more day. Yay!

Saturday friends of ours came to visit from New York. We went to TGI Fridays for lunch. The food was awesome, the company was even better (we love you Ted and Becca!) and Carina was pretty well-behaved. We came home and hung out a bit more. Once our company headed to their hosts' home for the evening we took a walk around the mall. I didn't intend to buy anything but I ended up with a few things for work. I tried to use a coupon at Gymboree on something for Carina but even with the 20% off I couldn't justify spending more on baby clothes than I do on my own. Ridiculous. Carina gets mostly 2nd hand anyway - it just makes more sense for baby clothes she stains up and grows out of so quickly. Plus my fave consignment shop has the cutest and best clothes ever!

Enough about shopping. Today we went to Sunday school and then came home and had lunch with Ted and Becca before they headed home. After lunch we headed my parents' way for a graduation party for my cousin Shawn. We got to hang out with family, pass the baby around and eat some good food. Plus we took some 5 generation photos that I'm pretty proud of. Carina is so fortunate to have so many grandparents, great-grandparents and even a great-great-grandma. Not many people can say that.

So now we're home and Carina is hanging out with Daddy. Asleep? Yes - Daddy says for the moment she's asleep on the couch. It was so sticky out today she'll be getting a bath tonight. Can't wait to enjoy another day at home as a family tomorrow!

1 comments:

mom said...

you guys certainly are blessed:) It was great to all be together yesterday and it is amazing to have the 5 generations!!