May 18, 2009

I'm Not on Vacation

Just thought I'd clarify. I know someone who just got back from Florida, someone just about to leave for Florida, someone in the Dominican Republic and someone in Las Vegas. Yet I'm at home... working. It makes me sad.

However, if I must be home, at least it's been a good week. Saturday we took Nutmeg to the vet for ear mites. This is probably the 3rd time they've come back and we want them gone for good before the baby arrives. Fortunately Kenny doesn't get them as well, they can be very contagious. So now we're giving her ear drops twice a day. Not so easy.

We went into Harrisburg to have my driver's lisence renewed. Figured that would be easier to do before the baby arrives as well. Funny how our schedule is already dictated by this yet to be born baby. After that we went grocery shopping and then visited Greek Fest at our local Greek Orthodox church. We go every year and the food is amazing. We brought home dinner and dessert and enjoyed a very lazy evening.

Sunday we taught Sunday school and then ran a few errands. Peter's Dad visited on his way home from Baltimore. I made cookies and froze a bunch so I have some homemade cookies to eat after the baby is born. I've already got some meatloaf and chicken rice tortillas in the freezer for later and I'm adding a lasagna tonight. We will not starve after having a baby. I know our friends at church will take care of us too. Peter says they owe us because we've provided meals for 3 other families when they had children, haha. Karma points at a Brethren in Christ church?

I had another great Dr. appointment this morning. Nothing too exciting but everything still looks terrific. The midwife said "See you again next week unless you have that baby." and I just thought "Yeah, right.". This Friday I'll be full term (37 weeks) so it's safe for baby to come anytime. I think it'll definitely be June before she arrives though. Just my feeling.


1 comments:

Mom said...

That baby belly sure is growing:) Vegas was fun,poor baby stuck at home working, while mean ole Mom goes on vacation, HAHA!!