April 27, 2009

Another Baby Shower!

We had a fairly easy-going week. Wednesday we had our very last baby class. We feel prepared! As prepared as first time parents can be anyway.

Thursday my parents came to visit. They delivered the crib mattress and high chair we couldn't fit in our car to bring home from the shower last weekend. Mom also covered a pillow for me in Classic Pooh fabric to match the green slip cover on our nursery chair and cut our crib bumper in half and stitched it back together to we could hang both halves on our wall as decor. Everything turned out spectacularly (is that a word?). Peter hung the bumpers and the quilt that came with the bedding on the walls and it looks awesome. I promise to post updated nursery pics as soon as it's less chaotic in there. Anyway - Mom and Dad took us out to Texas Roadhouse and we had a great time.

Friday I cleaned the house with lots of help from Peter. I crashed on the couch somewhere around 10.

Saturday we took a walk and went grocery shopping. Then around 12:30 my friends Michelle and Melinda kicked us out so they could decorate for my baby shower. Peter and I went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Once we got back the boys left to go to the driving range. The shower was so nice. There were 8 of us there I think so it was a cozy affair. The food was lovely and I got some really, really wonderful gifts. 3 of my 4 college roomies were there so they hung around for a bit afterward and we visited. All in all an awesome day. Peter went to an Oriole's game with the boys and got home around 11:30. Too late for me... I was asleep.

Sunday we taught Sunday school and then we went shopping! All those gift cards were burning a hole in my pocket so we bought everything else we needed at Walmart and Babies R Us. We only ended up spending about $5 of our own money. We are so blessed by friends and family.

Today we had the best Dr. appointment ever. The midwife said my weight gain and blood pressure were beautiful and I had a nice looking belly, haha. The best part - she got to tell us baby is finally head down! I really didn't think she was going to turn on her own but she did. Peter and I are thrilled.

It's going to be another fantastic week!

1 comments:

mom said...

The picture of you and Linz is soooo cute. You are very blessed and the shower looks like it was great:)