January 13, 2009

Happy New Year!

A bit late, I know. Peter and I had the longest week ever, starting December 31st. We spent the night at my parents' for new year's eve. I took a nap before midnight but I'm happy to report that I was indeed awake to ring in the new year. We spent new year's day with my parents and my mom hemmed a few pairs of maternity pants for me (for which I am eternally grateful).

Peter and I both went back to work Friday. Pretty much pointless as nobody was there and there was nothing to do. Peter's parents came to town Friday night and we had Neato Burrito. Saturday we drove with his parents to Dayton to visit Peter's grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins. It was good to see that side of the family because being in Dayton, obviously, we don't see them every day. We came home Tuesday, tired and so happy to be in our own bed. We missed our kitties too.

I was meant to have a Dr. appointment Wednesday but my Dr. canceled because of bad weather and I was rescheduled for Friday morning.

I had to jump right back into things at work because our big board meeting took place Thursday and Friday. Thursday night we had our first prenatal class at the hospital. We won't have any more till March. It was fun and very helpful. I've been on a health food kick ever since. Zucchini bread, veggie soup, whole grain bread, fruit juice... I'm all over it. Back to the board meeting, overall it went smoothly. Still, it's always a pretty busy and stressful time in the office.

Friday morning I had to go to my Dr. appointment by myself because of being rescheduled. Everything went very well. I've gained 2 pounds, my blood pressure looked good, baby's heartbeat was in the 150s. I got to schedule our big ultrasound for next Thursday so that's VERY exciting. Peter and I can hardly wait.

I'll leave you with my 18 week belly pic. Boy or girl guesses are highly encouraged!

0 comments: