January 20, 2009

It's COLD!

Just a little update. Not much to report. Friday we had dinner at church with all the other Sunday school teachers. It was a lovely meal and the cat is definitely out of the bag regarding Pumpkin. Surprisingly a lot of the other teachers seemed...well... surprised, haha. Our news has been public for quite some time but Peter and I have always felt a bit awkward just randomly announcing the pregnancy without a good "So what's new and exciting?" or "So are you guys next to have a baby?" lead in. Just our style I guess.


Saturday we slept in! Peter helped me clean the house a bit and then we did a bunch of shopping. Peter needed new shoes and pants and the cats have exhausted our scratch pad supply so we bought a few replacements. Sunday we taught Sunday school, got groceries then went to my niece Stevie's 12th birthday party. Good times.

Peter had off yesterday and I took a sick day to recover from a headache. It was tough going back to work today but we had a luncheon at one of my co-worker's houses so that provided a nice meal, a nice break and a chance to watch President Obama's speech! I taped it and may just watch it again tonight.

So 2 more days till the big u/s. Peter and I think of little else. I'll post my 19 week bare belly pic below for kicks.

Oh... and Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand about the lead in when telling people. I think a lot of people think it's strange to be like "hi how are you guess what we're going to have a baby want to hear all about it" lol. When my boss got pregnant, she let me and my coworker tell everyone.

-Becca