September 16, 2009

Sunny Days and Sunny Flowers

We had an exciting weekend in the Jones house! My high school friend Nicole came in from Erie for a visit. It was her first time meeting Carina and I think they liked each other very much :)

Saturday we all went to Intercourse, PA to buy some jams from Kitchen Kettle Village. Peter and I went there on our honeymoon and I've been hankering for some Four Berry Jam ever since. In addition we also brought home seedless red raspberry jam, apple butter, pumpkin butter and whoopie pies. After our rainy visit to the village we met up with Mom and Stevie at Olive garden for lunch - yum! Carina ate and promptly fell asleep. She had a few meltdowns in the car (a rarity for her) but we chalked it up to an inherited dislike for traffic.

Sunday Peter taught Sunday school while Nicole, Carina and I hung out at home. Nicole left and my Dad stopped in for a visit on his way to my Gram's. He and Peter played with the baby and watched the Eagles game while I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (tis the season!). A very nice weekend all around.

Carina is growing, growing, growing. We are planning to do a little shopping at our favorite consignment shop today while they have a sale and I have the day off. We need some bigger winter clothes. Stuff you don't think about when you have a small, summer baby. It's amazing how much she changes day by day. Currently she's still sleeping 9 hours each night. She's awake and more playful during the day. She acts surprised, smiles and laughs when we play peek-a-boo. She smiles all the time, we love it! Sometimes when she stretches she can almost roll onto her stomach but she's still working on it. She sits up really well when we're helping her - her neck is really strong now. She drools and blows bubbles and sucks on her fingers a ton.

On an unrelated note we have sunflowers in our back yard - and we didn't plant them. I pitched my old potting soil from last season out there and out of nowhere this plant sprung up. We thought it was a weed but let it go anyway (because we are super lazy) and then it started to flower. What a nice surprise! It's almost as tall as I am!






1 comments:

mom said...

Great blog entry and excellent pics. I just want to grab them chubby cheeks and smooch on her!!