February 23, 2009

Life is Good

...but not much to write about. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the nice, slow boring patch we've hit here lately but I can imagine it makes for less-than-thrilling reading.

Friday I took a personal day. I wanted a day to clean the house, my boss was going to be out and I was all caught up on my work. It's a good thing I cleaned the house Thursday night because I had a headache Friday that kept me in bed more than I had planned. It was pretty nice - aside from the headache. I got my hair cut in the afternoon and Peter and I had Pizza Hut for dinner. A successful day.

Saturday we slept in and then went grocery shopping. After lunch I cleaned out our coat closet (too small a space and too much stuff crammed in it). Some of it was moved to the laundry room and then the rest we ran to Salvation Army. We stopped by the library and I came across "Diary of a Mad Mom-To-Be". Considering I found "Diary of a Mad Bride" so amusing (and at times a little familiar) while planning our wedding, I knew I had to read this sequel.

After the library we ran to Old Navy to find me some comfy pants. I have one pair of pajama pants I wear all night every night as soon as I'm home from work so I bought another pair in lime green (my current pair is hot pink). I found a wonderful pair of yoga pants too. However, mom will need to hem both pairs before I wear them... and she's in Punta Cana for the week so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Sunday we taught Sunday school and went to church. I was craving coffee so I grabbed a cup of decaf (3 french vanilla creamers) and it was so, so good. I don't know what they do to our church coffee but it is always awesome. We grabbed a Wendy's lunch and then we put drawer liners in the dresser in the nursery. It just looks a little more finished and feminine (the liners are a blue/green floral-type design). Peter's parents visited on their way home to Rochester from Baltimore. His mom made us an adorable blanket and a little knit outfit. We love baby gifts. Later I fell asleep during the Oscars (sorry Hugh).

Tonight I made donuts after work for Fat Tuesday tomorrow. I already know that Pumpkin likes them - she's been kicking like crazy since I ate one! Life is so very good.

PS - I realize I wrote about Pizza Hut, coffee, Wendy's and donuts in one entry but I promise that Pumpkin is getting lots of healthy cereal and fruit juice and salad too.

0 comments: