February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Or as our Sunday school girls would say "Balentine's Day". I was overly excited for it this year. Don't know why - blame the ooey gooey mushy pregnancy hormones. I put some Valentine window clings on the front door and I love them. So fun!

So how did we spend our day? We slept in a little then we each snuck downstairs to fill out Valentine cards while the other was in the shower. So sneaky. I made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and then painted my nails a bright, festive pink that matched my shirt. We ran to the bank to close old accounts that have sat dormant since we switched banks a year ago. Turns out they were automatically closed due to inactivity anyway. We hit up Cornerstone while we were in the area for coffee and hot chocolate. I miss having a coffee house within walking distance. Sad.

After that we stopped by our tax place to finish up our paper work and get them filed. It's nice to have that done and off our minds. We grabbed groceries and went home. After a fight with the vacuum over an accidentally sucked up cat toy (I won) we got Thai take out for lunch. Delicious. We took a walk (before it started snowing. Where did that come from?) and we've pretty much been lounging ever since. All in all, a successful Saturday!

2 comments:

Becca S. said...

Yay for a good Valentine's day! :-)

I saw your baby counter at the top of the page. So cute! I hope you and Pumpkin are feeling well and doing great! I also hope Peter's hanging in there with all the pregnancy hormones ;-)

Love to all three of you!
Becca S.

Becca S. said...

I just noticed that apparently if you have a gmail account, you have an "identity" on blogger. Interesting!

-B