June 29, 2011

Hello Summer

I feel like June has just dashed right on by.  July is a mere 2 days away.  Goodness gracious!  I worked 11 shifts this month and although that works out to about one full time work week in the real world, it was a lot to me, haha.  I guess I haven't mentioned work yet on here.  Back in April I took a part time job working front counter at a dry cleaner.  It's certainly not glamorous but the hours are perfect, I like my co-workers (I even recruited one of my college roomies!) and the money helps pay for groceries.  Between that and potty training and play dates this month just disappeared!

Potty training is going splendidly!  It's been a little over 3 weeks since we started and in the past 2 weeks I think she had only 1 daytime accident.  She has been babysat at our house and at a friend's house and has gone in the nursery and didn't have any accidents for any other caregivers.  She is comfortable going on public toilets.  She's just amazing!  She's had a tiny cold for the past week so overnights have been hit or miss (I'm blaming just not feeling well because she was staying dry that first week).  I am just so proud of her!

She got her first serious injury last week.  She fell on the jungle gym at the park and landed on her forehead.  She had a really awful looking cut square between her eyes but she was a real trooper about it.  Silly girl wasn't even doing anything dangerous, just tripped over her own feet!

But other than that we've been spending our time at the library and the pool. When we're home we're watching Elmo, putting on tattoos, painting our toenails and taking walks. Same old, same old and I'm loving it. I've got laundry to move to the dryer including a new swim cover up and sun dress I got for Carina this morning for $6 total. Love a good deal!












0 comments: