May 22, 2010

The Haps

Haven't blogged much about our day-to-day schedule lately. We've had a fun week. Last Saturday we went to Greek Fest and got some amazing eats. Hard to believe when we went last year I was carrying around a 6 pound baby on the inside. This year it was an almost 18 pound baby strapped to my chest.


Sunday I taught Sunday school alone while Peter stayed home with a napping Carina. Usually it's the other way around. We're hoping to split the teaching a bit more evenly from here on out. And eventually Carina's nap time won't coincide with Sunday school. I just hate to bring her along and make her miss a nap. That's just not good for any of us.

Tuesday I had a hair cut so Peter and Carina had some quality Daddy/Daughter time. I'm Still debating whether or not to go back to my pixie cut. This "long" hair is just too much work and it doesn't even look good.

Thursday we went to a CPR class (in hopes of boosting my confidence when it comes to feeding Carina table food). It was 7-9:15 so Rebecca came over and put Carina to bed. It was the first time ever I didn't put her to bed. It went just fine! Of course I missed her but she went to bed nice and easy and stayed asleep till we got home. We may have to think about going on same dates now, haha.

Today I've had a bit of a tummy bug so Peter did the grocery shopping. We had to run my car (Moxie) to the garage for her inspection on Monday. Carina didn't nap for as long as usual so she was a bit fussy. We had a terrible time putting her to bed. She must have cried for at least half an hour but eventually she wore herself out. Now we're both ready to relax and catch up on Thursday's Community, Parks & Rec and The Office!

Oh and new tricks! Carina now shakes her hand/finger when we say "No bad cat!" and she will point to her hair, belly and toes when we ask her to. Such a smartie!

1 comments:

Jeff said...

In that last picture she looks like Peter - but with a chubbier face.