December 22, 2009

Yup, That's Snow

What's with the crazy big snow storm before it is even officially winter? We probably got 8 inches or so. Our plans for the weekend included babysitting, hosting my parents overnight, teaching Sunday school and celebrating Christmas with my Dad's side of the family. Every single one fell through. So I made a chocolate cake, Peter shoveled for nearly 2 hours and then we did absolutely nothing all weekend long. Heaven.

Carina tried peas, prunes, pears and carrots this past week. She seems to love them all! Since we started solid foods she's had a little trouble with constipation. Rebecca said "P" fruits and veggies will help with that (peas, pears, peaches and prunes). Hence all her new food introductions this past week. I read today that carrots can constipate so we'll see what happens. I'm wondering if her cereal could be the main culprit so I plan to replace her multi grain (possibly rice based, I'm not sure) with flavored oatmeal tomorrow. Might help keep things moving.

Wow - I can't believe I spent an entire paragraph discussing my daughter's bathroom habits. Sorry sweetie (and sorry to those readers who have absolutely no desire to know such things)! In other (not so embarassing) news, Carina has started to roll over in her crib. For the past couple mornings she has been asleep on her tummy when I go in to wake her. I know she's strong enough to sleep safely that way and move her head or roll back over when she wants to but it still makes me nervous for some reason. I have to keep in mind that Peter and I slept exclusively on our bellies and look at us - all alive and well. Can't help but worry as a Mom I suppose.

Today was my last day of work till 2010. Woohoo!!! Twelve wonderful days with my favorite girl (with some hubby, family and friends thrown in for good measure too). If I don't write again before the 25th, have a warm, safe, love-filled, blessed holiday.

0 comments: