September 23, 2008

Happy Fall!

I never really liked Autumn. Possibly because it meant going back to school. Don't get me wrong - I loved school! It was just all-consuming for me so I never took the opportunity to appreciate the change of seasons. Now, I absolutely ADORE the Fall. The colors, the weather, the recipes! We've already had 2 batches of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and I'm sure many more will follow. Celebrate we will - and with cookies!


I was instructed to write a blog that was more than 25% text (less than 75% pictures). See the thing is, my writing tends to be a little boring but pictures... pictures are always fun. I'll see what I can do with this blog anyway.

It has been about 2 weeks since the last post so what have we done? Peter bought me flowers. We had dinner with our neighbors and I made an apricot, almond & pinenut cake (super yummy). We saw "Burn After Reading" with friends. We enjoyed the season opener of "House" (swoon). Our realtor and his wife took us to Olive Garden. We went to Macaroni Grill with our small group. I went shopping with one of my college roomies. We hosted Small Group at our house.

I think the most exciting thing to happen though, was having someone else paint our hallways and stairwell yesterday. I met a guy through my work who has painted as a side job for a few other people I know and came highly recommended. He got it all done in one day! It looks fantastic. It is a very subtle color - "Napery" - but trust me, it looks better than primer white with scuff marks.

Not much else going on. This Sunday we're planning a day trip to Maryland to spend the day with good friends :) I'm planning a baby shower for the following weekend and a Pampered Chef party for October 19th (you're invited!). So life is a party at the moment.

If you're the praying type, you can keep us in your prayers. We would greatly appreciate it!

Lots of love,

Amy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who do you swoon for on "House"? Don't tell me it's House! If so, it's going to be tough for Pete to grow a scruffy beard and be obnoxious. :-)

Dad Jones